Welcome to our Sure Start Nurseries
Footsteps, Treetops and Kingfisher Nurseries are managed by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust, and are based in our Children’s Centres in Thetford, and in Bowthorpe, Norwich.
They are part of our joined up services for local families, offering pre-school education, health advice and general support.
Our nurseries offer childcare places for children aged 2-5 years old. We provide funded early education sessions for 2-5 year olds for a maximum of 15 hours per week. Eligible families will receive funding for 2-3 year olds, approved by Norfolk County Council. Footsteps and Treetops offer 30 hour places for 3-5 year old children whose parents meet the eligibility criteria, to be taken between the hours of 0900 and 1630.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum is used to support children’s development, learning and care from birth to 5 years old. We use this curriculum to support our planning, observation and evaluation of children’s learning.
Our team are:
- Trained in supporting children’s social, emotional and psychological development. We know that children who are nurtured, loved, and listened to are better able to learn and make positive relationships
- Qualified or working towards qualifications within Early Years including Degree level
- Paediatric First aid trained with a minimum of at least one Paediatric First Aider on site at all times
- Trained in Safeguarding Children and a Safeguarding Lead Practitioner is on site at all times
- Confident in ensuring support is given to children with additional needs and our Special Educational Needs Coordinator is always happy to discuss any specific concerns families may have
Every child has a Key Person, a ‘someone special’ for you and your child to get to know. This person ensures a close, supportive relationship for each child while they are at nursery. Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
Our nursery staff encourage parents and carers to share special moments and to be part of their child’s development. We welcome open, regular communication, and parents are welcome to discuss the child’s progress whenever they visit. We also provide a structured opportunity to discuss the child’s learning and development at parents’ evenings, twice a year.
To discuss how to apply for a nursery place for your child, please phone or visit the nursery, or complete our online form to express your interest.
The aims of our Nurseries are to:
- Provide a friendly and caring environment for all children and their families
- Offer the highest possible standard of care, learning and play for all children
- Provide a wide range of experiences and play opportunities appropriate for the child’s stage and ability
- Help children develop into confident and sociable people with respect for themselves and others
- Involve parents and carers in their child’s care and education at every level
- Ensure children have a healthy lifestyle through snacks, exercise and general hygiene
- Ensure that all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential
- Use a strong emotional curriculum to support relationships between parents and children